A Simple Resistance Band SUPER-SET to Improve Posture. Improve posture with a simple band super-set…PROTRACTED TO RE-TRACTED BAND PULL APARTS…
The rear deltoid (rear shoulder muscle), a fav to train and super-simple with a band.
Mine are weak so I love to blast them:
- Develops 4D shoulder shape
- Improves shoulder girdle strength
- Prevents forward rounding
SET 1 – PROTRACTED
Pull shoulders forward. We remove any help from the upper back muscles to isolate the rear deltoid.
- Pull the arms and shoulders forward, elbows bent (protract)
- Focus on slapping side of hands to walls
- Keep a constant tension on the band throughout. Hands don’t come to close together on the way in. Not to far back on the way out, r.deltoid isolation.
SET 2 – RETRACTED = Pull shoulders back.
As the rear deltoid muscles begin to exhaust we bring in the upper back muscles for help to really deplete the rear delt fibres.
- Pull shoulders right back, chest up (retract).
- Hands don’t come to close together on the way in but on the way out really pull them back.
- 4 sec in phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec out phase
- 0 sec pause top
Head up and posture vertical throughout… ..
I prefer to lean forward a little on the protracted set to help prevent upper back muscles joining in, better mind-muscle connection
stay safe stay healthy
Pin this post for later…