In this video, and key technique points below, we’ll look at the best 3 TRX exercises for arms (biceps) and how to do them effectively with suspension training.
Give these 3 exercises a go one after the other as a giant set. Get those biceps popping!
Make sure to practice incorporating the below effective technique points…
00:23 What these 3 TRX exercises will do
- Bicep curls – to target the peak, the sexy bathroom mirror flex shot
- Hammer curls – for arm shape at rest
- Reverse Grip curls – for width and definition as we target the brachialis (lies underneath and between the long and short bicep muscles) to push them away from each other
00:48 Effective technique TRX Bicep Curls
- Keep a slightly broken wrist throughout and contract triceps at the bottom
- An example of why we twist the wrist and how it affects the bicep muscle
- Notice the slight inwards wrist rotation at the bottom for range of motion
02:37 Effective technique TRX Hammer Curls
- Squeeze the tricep at the bottom to lengthen the bicep, bigger range of motion
- Twist the wrist at the top of the motion so the pinky rotates up, thumb rates down. Hitting the peak pop of the bicep muscle.
- Notice the grip positioning when holding the handles
04:18 Effective technique TRX Reverse Grip Curls
- Squeeze the tricep at the bottom to lengthen the bicep
- Twist thumb up and pinky down at the top, feel that squeeze!
- Notice the wrist positioning past the head at the top, twisting and squeezing
+ 8-10 rep range
+ Spend 2 seconds at the top squeezing those biceps.
Feel that burn!
Adam, TRX Traveller
Pin this post for later…