Builder Wider & Shaped Legs with this One TRX Squat Tip. Constantly push the feet outwards against the floor on both the positive and negative phase (up and down) when squatting. Why?…
… it helps specifically isolate the outer quad (the sweep), placing the load (body weight) onto it.
Training without mind-muscle connection and specific intent for the goal, which gives us the muscle we want to work…
…means we are just moving up and down.
Just moving up and down uses multiple muscles…
…the body is efficient. It will place load cross multiple muscles to make it easier to move.
E.g: That would mean 170 pounds of my body weight spread across approximately 10 muscles: Glutes (3 muscles), Quads (4), hams (3)
Rather than the entire 170 pounds placed upon 1 muscle – The outer quad.
That is muscle centric TRX exercise with intent. Not just moving.
This may look easy to watch, but in practice it’s a burner.
At 8 reps I struggle a lot.
KEY TECHNIQUE POINTS
- Constantly push feet outwards up and down.
- Focus on also twisting the feet outwards against the floor to help stop the knees caving inwards, push them outwards.
- Keep a slight bend at the top, don’t straighten legs.
- This keeps tension and load focused on the outer quad.
- Lean back using the TRX as support to go down and sit deep for full ROM.
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 0 sec / squeeze at top
Let me know in the comments if you got any questions on – Builder Wider & Shaped Legs with this One TRX Squat Tip? I will get back to you asap!
Pin this post for later…