Can’t Grow YOUR LATS With a TRX? Try This (WORKS EACH TIME!!). Struggling to feel or develop the lats with a TRX? Try this… TRX Reverse Rows. A simple twist of the wrist from a standard TRX Low Row can help bring in the short head of the bicep (the peak) more.
Whilst we don’t always want secondary muscles helping out…
..in this instance at the top contraction squeeze of the row it can be useful to aid in pulling the elbows down and back more…
**🎄🎁 Give someone a ChrisTRXmas Gift this year! Use code XMAS35 for 35% off all TRX & Resistance Band Programs 🎄🎁: http://fitnessfreedomathletes.com/
..thus shortening the lats and allowing a stronger squeeze.
KEY EXECUTION POINTS BELOW
- Twist the wrist so knuckles are facing down. *Refer to vid 4 sec in
- The hands are just hooks. It’s the elbows that lead. Pull with the elbows back and down.
- Focus on a large range of motion with a big stretch at the bottom to a powerful hard contraction at the top. *Refer to vid 10sec in.
- Really pull those elbows back hard at the top phase.
- Try to focus on squeezing the lats super hard to do so. *Refer to vid 45sec in.
I’ve found this effective for clients who struggle to connect with their lats and feel them working.
It’s also a nice one to mix things up from the conventional TRX Low Row.
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 2 sec super hard squeeze at the top
Stay safe stay healthy
Pin this post for later…