Do this on EVERY TRX Bicep Curl…
Remember to supinate supinate supinate
** KEY TECHNIQUE POINTS BELOW **
- Twist the wrist at the top of the curl (refer to vid 6 secs in)
- Lead with the pinky upwards and outwards (refer to vid 15secs in)
- Squeeze the bicep super hard at the top twist for 1-2 seconds
- This develops the peak of the bicep, the top end of the strength curve for the muscle.
TRX HAMMER GRIP CURLS
…are a simple and effective super set to do one after the other.
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 2 sec SUPER hard contraction / squeeze at the top
*8 reps, 3 sets ,40 sec – rest between super sets
Key points to remember on curls
SLIGHT BROKEN WRIST POSITION
Keep the wrist very slightly bent backwards throughout. This helps prevent the forearm muscles taking load.
CONTRACT THE TRICEP
On the downward (eccentric) phase at the very bottom, contract the tricep hard before curling back up. Contracting the tricep means the bicep will be fully lengthened when the curl is initiated. This means we are exercising the bicep through a full active range of motion.
Stay safe stay healthy
Do you want the ability to achieve your fitness goals anywhere?
So did I… That’s why I developed the TRX Fitness Freedom programs
Pin this post for later…