This TRX Leg Workout for the quads and hamstrings delivers the burn every time!
- 00:00 About the workout?
- 00:25 TRX Hamstring Curls with rest-pause
- 02:53 TRX 1 Leg Pistol SUPERSET TRX 1 Leg Reverse Lunge
- 05:56 How to use this suspension training workout effectively
- 07:00 Physique update
💪🏼 KEY FOCUS TRX PISTOL SQUATS
- 4-sec downward phase – squeeze the hamstrings at the bottom to stretch the quads. Bigger range of motion. Muscle pairings = one contracts the other must lengthen.
- 1-sec upward phase with a 2 sec super hard squeeze at the top (squeeze face 👹)
- Maintaining a constant squeeze and tension upon the quad muscle throughout the entire motion. Taking load off the knee joint. Allowing a slight forward lean to place more emphasis on the quads.
Be honest with the above. If confidence is lacking, knee problems are present or this exercise is new?
Sit back more, be wary of going over the knee, reduce motion, chin up back straight.
Challenge everything on social media and slowly collect data as to what works for your specific biomechanics and level.
- *6 – 10 reps
- *weighted vest isn’t needed. Currently enjoying the challenge of using it for strength days
- *step allows me to get low
💪🏼 KEY FOCUS TRX REVERSE LUNGE
- 4-sec downward phase – focusing on lengthening the quad and opening the hips out at the bottom by pushing the knee right back.
- 1-sec contract quad to rise with a super hard 2-sec quad squeeze at the top. Leaning forward to place emphasis on quads.
- Optional: slightly pivot the foot inward to put more focus on the outer quad muscle (leg width and shape).
Same as above. Remove the step, reduce rage of motion, keep knee aligned over the ankle for any worries or confidence.
Stepping stones of progression 💪🏼 to ascend the fitness goal mountain.
- *5 – 8 reps
- *no weighted vest
- *step allows deeper lunge back
💪🏼 KEY FOCUS TRX HAMSTRING CURL
- Contract the quads when you straighten the legs to stretch the hamstrings. Bigger range of motion
- Squeeze super hard at the top range of motion
If knee pain is felt using these, try lowering the straps. I’ve found that having them high can sometimes cause discomfort
- 8 – 10 reps
How many sets?
- 2 sets – advanced level taking 2nd set to complete failure then rest-pause for 2 sets
- 3 sets – intermediate level rep range
I put a lot of leg development progress over the last year, down to this superset.
The mindful muscle-connection, range of motion and top squeeze feel fantastic 🐥
Let’s get to it!
Gain fitness Freedom!