I LOST Muscle Mass TRX Training! Here’s why and how. From Chicken Legs to SUPER Chicken Legs in 9 months. These 2 videos were shot 6 months apart:
It was 2 years ago. Living & TRX’ing in Mexico at the time.
👈 The video on the left was after 8 weeks of a diet with occasional carb re-feeds.
👉 The video on the right was 6 months later…
…and I’m smaller. I’ve shrunk.
The argument could be said I’ve remained the same but I certainly haven’t gained any muscle (size).
Which after 6 months of training isn’t good results.
But overall I think I look smaller. Legs, shoulders and arms especially.
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN…
- I was living near a beach.
- I tried to stay lean, or get even leaner, as beach time was a daily occurrence.
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN….
I continued dieting.
9 months of dieting!
I would end up binging, was moody, focus lagged, elements of mental health suffered and I lost hard earned muscle.
It was silly. It wasn’t sensible and it wasn’t a way to develop my body and mind.
The sensible thing would have been…
- After the diet, returning to eating in a caloric excess. Or at least at maintenance.
- And focus on gaining more muscle, allowing better performance and better mindful muscle centric TRX technique.
- Then, after 3 months do a little diet again. And the cycle continues.
- 1 step forward 2 steps backs is the way to great progress.
- Being comfortable gaining weight is one of the most valuable things I ever learnt. It took a while to accept though.
- I’m now 12 pounds heavier than the video on the left and excited to see what’s developed come early 2021 diet.
🐥The chicken legs are developing into turkey legs, hopefully ;)🐔
Stay safe stay healthy
Pin this post for later…