The TRX Double Band Row. @mrblunders (instagram) requested how to mimic a deadlift with a band or TRX. If you’re an addicted demon to deadlifts, squats, rows and general heavy lifting? This band row may satisfy your craving.
It will target the majority of upper back muscles, rear shoulder muscle, biceps and total core (front and back).
It will engage glutes, hams and quads. Mixing this in with 12-15 rep range High and Low TRX back rows is a solid combo/trio
- Retract your shoulder blades back to begin the motion, see end of vid for demonstration
- Pull to just below your chest
- Pull with your elbows back and in, don’t flare
- Squeeze every muscle in your upper body then pull the band toward you
- Pause at the top and squeeze every muscle you can
- Keep core and glutes engaged throughout to maintain good posture
- *5sets – 4-8reps
If you’re wondering how hard to squeeze / contract your muscles? Aim to beat my goofy squeezing face and you’re on the right track for great development .
I can’t do more than 6 of these
- The key isn’t to pull and stretch the band.
- The key is to contract and squeeze your muscles that then causes movement which in turn causes the pulling and stretching of the band.
I’ve used this band https://amzn.to/2RvVFrh for 3 years travelling across 15 countries and it’s still going strong and stretchy.
If there’s any specific TRX exercise or muscle area targeting you’d like to see?
Let me know in the comments below or message me on Instagram @trxtraveller and I’ll make you a demonstration vid.
Stay safe, stay healthy
Pin this post for later…