TRX and The TEMPO of Doom. See what I did there? (Indiana Jones fan). 10 second rep tempo on any TRX exercise! A quick one to throw into the workout mix now and then to:
A quick one to throw into the workout mix now and then to:
- overload the central nervous system
- cause large amounts of catabolism (breaking down) of muscle cells
- encourage mindful muscle centric contractions of movement.
Plus it’s a great challenge. Watch my arms shake towards the end of the vid.
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 4 sec contraction upward phase
- 2 sec SUPER hard contraction / squeeze at the top
Mike Mentzer the claimed inventor of HIIT and a phenomenal physique athlete trained with long rep times and deep stretches.
Because time under tension is arguably the key component for causing catabolism (breaking down) and thus anabolism (building up) within muscle cells.
If effective catabolism was easy and just required an intensity to be placed upon a muscle through a range of movement as a single metric…
…people would have their ideal physique fast.
But effective catabolism of a muscle comes from a whole range of things:
- Force nutrient into the muscle cells (THE PUMP)
- Create large amounts of lactic acid build up and thus Growth Hormone (HGH) release
- Overload the central nervous system
- Use only the isolated muscle contraction for movement, no momentum
- Hyperplasia (add new muscle fibres not just building up current ones)
Studies and science would suggest the greater the time under tension placed upon a muscle
…the greater these aspects can and do come into play.
Of course this is all open to debate and what makes the word of physique sculpting, muscle centric performance and phycology within exercise so fascinating.
Science aside, it’s just fun to try 🙂
Stay safe stay healthy
Do you want the ability to achieve your fitness goals anywhere?
So did I…
That’s why I developed the TRX Fitness Freedom programs: https://fitnessfreedomathletes.com/trx-programs/
Pin this post for later…