TRX Intra-Stretching INTENSIFIER add on. An advanced and challenging way to develop further if a Plateau is reached in TRX training.
Takes muscle development beyond hypertrophy to hyperplasia.
Adding new muscle fibres not just building up current ones (hypertrophy).
Here’s a way to utilise it…
HOW TO UTILISE INTRA STRETCHING
(TRX Alternate Chest Press example)
- Choose a safe TRX exercise that allows you to put the target muscle in it’s fully lengthened position.
- Once final set is completed to failure, allow body weight to stretch the muscle in its most lengthened position for 8-15 seconds *Refer to 18 secs in example.
- Immediately make the exercise slightly easier by re-positioning the feet and hit 6-10 reps again then repeat the stretch at the end of the set.
- Repeat this for 2-3 more times with a stretch at the end of each set.
- After the last stretch on the final drop set, squeeze the muscle super HARD for as long as possible
This can be used on exercises like TRX: FLYS; SKULLCRUSHERS; ROWS; CURLS etc
KEY POINTS FOR TRX ALTERNATE PRESS
- HANDS OUTSIDE, ELBOWS TOGETHER Keep hands outside elbows throughout and focus on pushing the elbows together towards the top. When the arms are inside the tension is also on the front shoulder muscle and effort is transferred through the shoulder joint which can support a lot of weight. We want to keep it solely on the chest.
- RETRACT TO STRETCH THE CHEST Retract the shoulder blades back in a controlled manner to create as much stretch as possible that you can comfortably/safely hold at the bottom.
Stay safe stay healthy
Do you want the ability to achieve your fitness goals anywhere?
So did I…
That’s why I developed the TRX Fitness Freedom programs
Pin this post for later…