We’re chasing the PUMP here and focusing on the SQUEEZE with this TRX & Resistance Band Combo Exercise for the arms:
RESISTANCE BAND PULL-DOWNS: 10-15 reps
TRX CLOSE GRIP PRESS: 4-6 reps
KEY TECHNIQUE POINTS
- Contract and squeeze the biceps at the top of both exercises. Opposing muscles, when one contracts the other must lengthen. Taking the tricep muscles through a bigger range of motion.
- Twist the wrists (thumbs down) at the bottom of the band pull down. Feel the difference it makes on the triceps contraction squeeze.
- Bring the elbows in front of the body on the band pull down to allow for a greater range of movement at the joint. Lock the body in stone. Only the triceps should initiate the movement.
- Focus on pushing down with the TRX close press, not away.
- Retract shoulder blades back on the TRX close press, don’t round forward.
- Above all, SQUEEEZE those triceps for at least 2 seconds when the arms are straightened.
RESISTANCE BAND PULL-DOWNS
- 10- 15 reps
TRX CLOSE GRIP PRESS
- 4 – 6 reps
* 3 SETS
- 4 sec negative phase
- 1 sec pause at the bottom (contract bicep )
- 1 sec positive phase (contract tricep)
- 2 sec hard contraction squeeze arms straight (squeeze tricep)
How does that feel? 😯🔥💥
Pin this post for later…