TRXing To Fill Out T-shirt Sleeves & Develop Shaped Arms….
Why do different curls?…
- Think of normal TRX Curls as developing the bathroom flex mirror look, the peak pop.
- Think of TRX Hammer Curls as developing the t shirt sleeve filling look, thickness and shape when lean.
Key point below video…
Grab the loops and hold in a hammer grip. Refer to vid 8 secs
CONTRACT THE TRICEP
…at the bottom of the movement. This lengthens the bicep meaning we take the muscle through a full range of motion. When one muscle contracts, the opposing muscle lengthens. Refer to vid 30secs
TWIST PINKY UP AT THE TOP
…so the pinky comes up and thumb goes down. Refer to vid 13 secs. Full ROM. The bicep doesn’t just elicit up and down. It’s also rotation of the wrist….
SQUEEZE SUPER HARD
…at the top! The twist of the wrist will allow a stronger peak squeeze of the shorter head at this point, the bathroom mirror flex muscle.
- 4 sec downward phase
- 0 sec pause at bottom
- 1 sec contraction upward phase
- 2 sec super hard squeeze at the top
- 8-10 reps
- 3 sets Partials to failure on last rep
Stay safe stay healthy
Do you want the ability to achieve your fitness goals anywhere?
So did I…
That’s why I developed the TRX Fitness Freedom programs
Pin this post for later…